To satisfy our Insurance we have to detail these terms and conditions of hire
If “You” the Hirer are in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, a representative from Bury Soft Play should immediately be consulted Health & Safety Disclaimer
1. Bury Soft Play are a hire only company and supervision is not included in our service. It is the FULL responsibility of the “hirer” and the other parents/carers present at the venue to ensure that all children are fully supervised at all times.
2. Bury Soft Play will accept no responsibility or liability for any injury caused during use of the soft play equipment or inflatables. We take every precaution to prevent injury, which is why we will check the equipment once it has been set up and sign to confirm you are happy with everything before we leave the premises. In the event that a defect is discovered upon set up then we will take that item away
with us to prevent potential injury. We may not be able to provide a suitable replacement product if this issue arises. We kindly request that children do not start using the equipment until instructed.
3. Your £25 deposit is non-refundable, if you cancel your booking the deposit can be moved over to a new date providing, we have availability. The £25 is deducted from your package cost and is not a security deposit. Full payment is required by NO LATER than 1 week prior to the party date. This is by way of bank transfer. A receipt and invoice can be generated as required. If the balance has not been received by 1 day before the party, we reserve the right to cancel the booking. In special circumstances we can accept cash payments however this must have been agreed prior to the party date and be paid prior to the set up of the equipment.
4. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that there is easy access to the venue for unloading (delivery) and loading
(collection) of the equipment. PLEASE NOTE WE ONLY HIRE TO GROUND FLOOR VENUES. Please ensure we have plenty of time to set up the equipment and collect at the end and take this into consideration when booking your hall. Please allow at least 1 hour before and after your party to set up and pack away. Bury Soft Play can not be held responsible if we are unable to set up the equipment on
time due to access issues at the venue.
5. We will always make every effort to arrive in plenty of time to set up the equipment, however in the event of any unforeseen
circumstances beyond the control of Bury Soft Play, such as severe weather conditions or major traffic problems, we will endeavour to contact you and reach you ASAP, however, Bury Soft Play cannot be held responsible.
6. Our equipment is designed for 0-10 years, although some items may be suitable for slightly older children and some not suitable for children younger than 12 months. Bury Soft Play will provide age appropriate equipment based upon details given by the hirer. If you have any doubt, please ask us. Please note that although our equipment may be used/accessed by adults to supervise and facilitate children’s play, it is not designed or intended for sole adult use/recreation. Adults should refrain from sitting on the equipment at all times (wiggle cars have a weight limit of 80 kg).
Once the soft play and inflatable equipment is set up, the safe operation of all equipment becomes the responsibility of the hirer and therefore you must ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury to your children or damage to the equipment supplied. The equipment will only be set up in an open space, please ensure the venue is ready before the package items are delivered, Bury Soft Play will not be responsible for moving anything not owned by us. We will brief you on safe usage.
7. Please make sure that NO FOOD/DRINK or CHEWING GUM is consumed on or near
the equipment. If FACE PAINTING is happening at the party, it must be water
based. We respectfully ask that it is removed swiftly from any play equipment/inflatables,
should they become marked. Marks are easily removed with wet wipes. Should the
items be returned stained we may seek damages if the items are heavily soiled.
8. NO OUTDOOR SHOES to be worn at any time when using the equipment. This applies for children and parents/guardians entering the soft play area or walking over the padded floor tiles whilst supervising. It is essential, for hygiene reasons that SOCK’S are kept on the children at all times. No sharp items to be worn on clothing or in pockets. Any damage caused by neglect will result in the hirer being charged to replace items.
9. No Party Poppers, Coloured streamers or Silly String are to be used, thrown or sprayed onto or near the equipment, these materials permanently stain the material and the hirer will be liable to compensate.
10. We request that there must be a minimum of 2 responsible adults (over the age of 18) supervising children at all times. To comply with our insurance regulations responsible adults must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs when in charge.
11. Where smaller children are using the equipment i.e. as young as 1 year old we strongly recommend that each child is supervised by an adult at all times.
12. It is the hirer and the supervising adults responsibility to ensure that the equipment does not become too overcrowded and is not used inappropriately or in any manor likely to cause injury or damage. We provide the appropriate
equipment based around the “hirers” information regarding party attendees.
13. It is important that the area is not overcrowded; all packages have a safe users limit as described and this must not be exceeded. Do not allow children to become boisterous, push, collide or fight in a manner that will hurt or cause distress to others.
14. Bury Soft Play accepts no responsibility regarding photography of children by others using the Soft play equipment. Bury Soft Play requires images to be taken of each party, however, no children will be present in the pictures.
15. In the event of bad weather, Bury Soft Play will endeavour to provide the party package as booked. We will contact you via phone prior to the event. Should we have to cancel the party a full refund will be issued, should the “hirer” cancel the party then no refund is to be issued.
16. When a party package is provided and the venue is not big enough, “we” reserve the right to amend the party package on-site to allow safe usage of the equipment and maintain the safely of the attendee’s. We will always advise as to the size of the venue needed. Should the venue not be big enough, no refund/partial refund will be offered. It is the hirers responsibility to ensure that they book a big enough venue.
1. Although the Soft play equipment and Balls from the ball pool are cleaned after every event it is recommended that supervising adults discourage children from placing balls/equipment in their mouths for hygiene purposes.
2. We advise that safety mats must always be used under all Soft play items (this excludes Wiggle Cars, trikes). The Happy
Hoppers can be used on or off the soft matting depending on the age of child using them. Particular care should be taken when younger children and toddlers are exiting the large ball pool, climbing on top of any soft play to ensure no accidents occur. Diving/ jumping into or standing on the side of the Inflatables or soft play items in a manner not intended MUST NOT be allowed in an attempt to prevent injury.
3. Soft play equipment must not be thrown. Please do not attempt to move or dismantle any of the equipment yourself.
4. Rockers should be supervised closely and only 1 child should play on them at a time (the cheeky monkey rocker & Rocko Croco are designed for a max of 2 children.
5. Please make sure that none of our equipment is removed or taken from the venue in which we deliver it to.
6. Our inflatables can be used safely (see safety sheet), providing they are used as described. We will explain their safe use during your party set up. Failure to not adhere to these guidelines may result in injury. Bury Soft Play cannot be held liable should injury occur due to
7. Please be mindful that we would like to collect our equipment in the same condition in which we leave it when it is delivered to you. We would like lots of little ones to be able to enjoy the use of our equipment just the same as your little ones will. Please make sure all the
above is adhered to and that supervision is supplied to ensure that there is no misuse of our equipment.
8. Please use the wiggle cars as instructed. Damage can occur to venue flooring should they not be used in the correct way. If found to have been sliding the wiggle cars which can only happen if used incorrectly, then Bury Soft Play cannot be held responsible should the venue seek damages from the hirer. When used correctly the wiggle cars are enjoyed by children and adults.
Here at Bury Soft Play, we understand that accidents can happen. However, provided that the equipment is used in accordance with the above guidelines and conditions of hire, the risk of accidents, injury or damage should be minimal. Bury Soft Play can accept no liability for injuries sustained or any other loss, howsoever caused, in the absence of the negligence of Bury Soft Play or its employees. As the equipment will be in the hirers possession and control whilst in use rather than Bury Soft Play, any liability for injuries or other losses
caused, rests with the hirer.
Additional charges WILL apply if equipment is damaged or broken, soiled equipment must be cleaned immediately by the HIRER and our collection team must be informed of this when the items are collected. Contact will be made by Bury Soft Play within 24 hours of your event finishing should we find damage not brought forward.